Saturday, April 7, 2012

28 miles for the week


Ten miles in the bag. It was very nice out - sunny, a slight breeze, just around 60 degrees. Thankfully, I remembered to take it slow! I set a "too fast" pace alarm at 10:30 to alert me, and it worked like a charm.

I really wanted to see if I could run a 10 min mile at the end, so I pushed it pretty hard. I'm glad I had enough in the tank to do it. Downing the GU at mile 5 sure helped out as well as switching from water to Gatorade at mile 6. Although, I'm not sure I like the sticky residue that Gatorade leaves in my mouth while I run; water is much better for keeping my mouth non-sticky.

So, next Saturday is my 10K race; I'll do a 7 miler on Monday and a 5 miler on Wednesday. Then, I'll take two glorious days off before the race. Yippee!!

No comments: