Monday, June 20, 2011

Good effort

No running with Nick today, so I decided to put some good effort into my run. I haven't been slacking or anything, but I have been taking my 8 mile runs at an easy pace. Today, I would say that the pace was moderate to hard. I pushed it.

This is the last week of my first three week training block; next week, I'm on vacation and will cut back the miles for a rest week. Then, the week of the 4th, I ramp it back up again to the second three week block, which is:

Day 1: 8-10 miles easy to moderate pace

Day 2: 5 miles with 10X1 minute hard. I'll warm up for 2 miles and do the fartleks during the rest of the run and jog out the rest.

Day 3: 5 miles moderate to fast (last mile sub 9:00)

Day 4: 9-11 miles easy to moderate.

This will give me an excellent base of running to build a marathon on, and just so you know, I'm eying one in Oct or Nov...

No comments: