Thursday, July 15, 2010

Following my plan....NOT

Yeah, so on a multiple choice test, usually, your first answer is the correct one, and unless you are presented with overwhelming evidence as to its incorrectness, you're better off not changing it.

How does this apply? Well, I decided to take Daxea into a fresh ICC25 run with The Ebon School. Let's take a look at why it was stupid for me to do so:

1. I had no way of knowing that one of our DKs had switched mains to a melee Shammy, so when he started spending DKP for Hunter gear instead of rolling for it, I knew that I would have a very hard time getting any drops. (Loot rules, TL:DR version: Mains spend DKP, if no mains want it, Offspecs /roll for it, if no Offspecs, then Alts /roll for it)

2. Rotface dropped a trinket that Daxie has been wanting, and someone won it for minimum DKP. /sigh

3. Daxie got pulled in anyways for Professor and Blood Wing, because we struggle to down these bosses with people on alts.

The only bright spot for either Daxie or Daxea was for Daxea getting just enough rep to get the lowest level ring from the Ashen Verdict. It was a significant upgrade, so I'm happy about that.

I should have stayed with my original plan of running Daxie this week. Oh well, life goes on.

No comments: