Wednesday, July 21, 2010

The Aftermath

"My mind rebels at stagnation" - Sherlock Holmes

I'm just two days out and while I don't miss WoW, I am starting to miss the mental stimulation that it provided. I have found some other outlets, namely, reading Sir Arthur Conan Doyle's Sherlock Holmes material and doing difficult - very difficult Sudoku's. That's short term, though. I'm going to start getting my wife and my youngest son sucked into some sort of table top strategy game.

With such a game, I can fulfill my desire to RULE OVER THEM WITH AN IRON FIST!!!. I mean...engage more with both of them. Yeah, that's it, engage....commune....STRIKE FEAR IN THEIR HEARTS AT THE SIGHT OF MY AWE INSPIRING TACTICS AND AWESOMENESS!!!

What?

WHAT???

Like you aren't thinking that...

5 comments:

joe said...

1st: You could give The Dream Weaver a read. It's kinda tough going a points but it's pretty stimulating mentally, at least so far it is.

B: You should try Risk. They even have a nice computerized version that you can play to bring it up to 6 players. We could even set up a fake LAN and play with me and Hannah too =D

III: I need more table top games for me and Hannah

Rusty said...

1. I'll check into that.

B. I'm going to avoid computer games for the time being. I think my family needs face to face time and the interaction that it brings.

III. Settlers is a fun one. I'm looking into games like Dominion, Race for the Galaxy, Puerto Rico, and San Juan.

d. L2outline!

joe said...

1st: To pre-warn you, while I do find it interesting The Dream Weaver is a novel that explores philosophy through a story.

B: Fully understandable.

III: Any of those two player by chance?

d. I seem to be outlining well. After all, you can clearly tell the distinct points from each other.

v. Cribbage is fun btw. And it's up to three players too! The perfect amount! So long as Denali doesn't want to play

Rusty said...

A. I'm not opposed to such a story; while The Shack had...issues, the story had some merit.

II. Glad you understand.

c. Yes, although Settlers is a little harder with just two people because trading options are...singular.

iv. They're more bullet statements than outlines.

- Requires a cribbage board and I'd rather get into some sort of map/building/war game.

^ I think this is the most I've heard from you in years, Joe; it warms my heart to see your comments.

joe said...

I do read it, but usually from home, and the filter at the house blocks blogger. Lately I've taken to reading/commenting at work.

Good two player board games are hard to find. Especially for the strategy/building/war type.