Wednesday, May 5, 2010

In Retrospect...

Leveling a toon is easier and more fun than leveling Jewelcrafting/Mining. I should have saved $25 and not transferred Daxen the level 58 hunter and switched her profs.

Instead, I should have kept my level 39 hunter Daxen on Suramar because she did have Mining/JC at a level appropriate, erm...level. It would have been much more fun, as well as easier, to transfer my Heirloom gear and just level that hunter.

So, that said, I've stopped all leveling on Daxen in order to get her professions up to Outlands level - 300. And because I need to level both Mining and JC, I'm trying very hard to resist the allure of the AH and buying mats.

One of the things that I hate about leveling JC is the fact that I either have to rely on good prospecting luck (getting the gems I need from the ore) or have some non jewelcrafting mat just laying around (such as Large Fangs). I would much rather be able to at least have a leveling path that consists of just metal stuff so I wouldn't have to worry about having a number of specific gems available. I know, I know, QQ...

The good news is that I'm in no hurry, so this little break from running instances is just that, a stop in the action that will only help out in the long run. It's good to take this view, because I have a whole laundry list of things I need/want to do on this server:
(In no particular order)
1. Level Daxen's profs to Outlands levels. (Actively working on it)

2. Level Daxynn the Pally's Blacksmithing to make Arcanite and Fel Iron (enchanting) rods. This is going to be a longer term project as I need to grind out 50-75 skill points. I may even need to grind out some levels as she's only 39.

3. Switch Daxxy the Rogue's second profession. Currently, she has Mining/Herb, which are both nice for PvP. I'm leaning towards dropping Mining and picking up Inscription; my other option is to drop Herb and pick up Engineering. We'll just have to wait and see, won't we!

4. Rysteranch's Leatherworking is coming along nicely, but it still needs work. I made the mistake of right clicking on a bunch of Borean Leather Scraps to make Borean Leather; I should have gone into my LW screen and made them, as the recipe was yellow to me. DOH!

5. Daxea the Pox Priest is way ahead of the game with her professions (/preen), so that means I need to play her and get her some levels!

6. I have sorely neglected Daxenos the Druid. I don't know where his Herb/Alch stands, so I suppose I should take a peek and make a plan.

7. I have a DK, Vancomyacin. She doesn't have any profs. She's barely out of the starting area. Last priority right now.

8. I have another hunter, Oldmandax, who I think I'm going to delete in favor of another class. I might, however, take to leveling him through the dungeon system just to experience the lower level instances with a hunter. He's 17, so I could try to get the Oldlands dungeon master on him. Once again, very low priority.

That's it! I'm saving a spot for my goblin, once Cata hits. I'm not sure which class he'll be, but I know I NEEEEED to have one.

No comments: