Saturday, July 2, 2016

14.24 miles for the week



Happy Birthday to Michael Kent! My father-in-law turns 70 today and is super excited about being in a new racing age group. He'll run his first race in his new age group next week in Missoula, MT, the Missoula Half Marathon.

Last year, he clocked a 1:44:28 and placed 3rd in his age group. Unfortunately, he's struggling with an Achilles heel issue, so he doesn't expect to do as well this year.

As far as my run today, I broke it down into a 2 mile run, a 1 mile run, and a 1/2 mile run separated by 1/4 mile walks to recover. I also ran a new route over to Freedom Park here in Greenwood. See the route here. The thing I like about this new route is that I have a little more variety in the terrain. Although most of it is paved, I do run a short distance in a field, and there is a little bit more variation in elevation. Also, once I get my feet under me and by breath back, there is a sledding hill at this park that I plan on doing hill climbs, hill sprints, and other hill activities (rolling down...hopefully not).

No comments: