Monday, July 4, 2016

72° + 87% humidity = YUCK!



Yeah, so, it really wasn't the heat; 72° is pretty nice, but 87% gummidity is just icky. Yes, that's right, I just invented a new word: gummidity. It's gummy humidity. You may start using it right away; you're welcome.

Even given the hellish environment, I managed to do better than Saturday timewise. I also ran the first 2.25 miles without a break. I wanted to do the first 2.5, but the gumminess got me. So, my walk breaks were:
2.25 miles run
.25 walk
.75 run
.25 walk
.5 run

Hopefully, Wednesday, I'll be able to hit that 2.5 miles straight and make it to 3 miles (or 3.1 as I'll probably do) on Thursday or Saturday.

On a different note, I prepared raw fish for lunch today and didn't die! Here's the recipe I used. I added the same quantity of cubed mangoes as avocado. I made a half batch, so that would mean a half an avocado as well as a half mango.

I also made a seaweed salad with spinach subbed for the seaweed because I didn't have any seaweed. So, I guess I just made a spinach salad with this recipe.

Finally, I cracked my first coconut today (it really was a banner day!). I took the following:
4 tbsp grated fresh coconut
4 tbsp cream
4 tsp raw honey
1/4 tsp cinnamon
I threw them all into a magic bullet blender and gave it a pretty good whirl. It was delicious!

If you couldn't tell, I'm onto a new diet; well, actually, this is really the first diet that I've tried. You can read all about it at http://products.mercola.com/nutritional-typing/. I tested out as protein type, so I'm trying to stick to the foods Dr. Mercola recommends. Of course, that'll all go out the window in Guyana...as will the running.

No comments: