Wednesday, February 27, 2013

One to go

I gave myself the option of a four or five mile tempo run today.  After four miles at half marathon pace, I employed one of the training concepts presented in the book I've been referencing: One to Go.

It is just what it sounds like, one mile to the finish, so go as fast as you think you can maintain for one mile.  At the 1/10th to go, I ran all out.  It felt great to pump out that last mile, and the run really ended on a high note.  Instead of interval recovery pace for the last mile, I maintained easy pace for a cool down.

This is the first time I think I've run in snowy conditions.  I've run with little flurries before, but by the time I got back to the house, it was coming down pretty good with a bit of wind behind it.  Stinging snow in the face...makes you feel alive!!

All in all, a great run!


No comments: