Monday, February 4, 2013

4 X 1.5 miles

First, here's the format for those of you who might get all fuzzy-eyed when you look at numbers:
Wait a minute, it's right there in green!  I'm not going to retype it just because you can't be bothered to look at the schedule. 

Ok, so for those of you who might get a headache when doing division:
1 mile @ 9:00 pace = 9:00 minutes
.5 miles @ 9:00 pace = (watch carefully now) 4:30 minutes
.5 miles @ 12:24 pace = (doing it again!) 6:12 minutes

So, as you can see, all of my intervals were at or below target pace.  Yes! I did have one recovery period that was slower than recovery pace.  Nooooooo!  And, to add to that cry of anguish...I hit the stop button on the Garmin after the third and fourth intervals.  I rested about 2 minutes the first stop and about 30 seconds the second.

This was pretty tough; I really wanted to shut it down right about .5 miles into the interval...ha!  But, I persevered and pushed through to the end of the 1.5 miles each time.

Next Monday is my biggest interval challenge yet: 2 mile intervals! I get a half mile to recover, then off again.  I get to run three intervals of 2 miles.  That will then be topped the following week as I do two intervals of 3 miles with a mile recovery after each interval.

Whew, makes me tired just looking at that.  Glad I only have an easy 5 tomorrow.

No comments: