Wednesday, August 25, 2010

A Plan

I mentioned recently that I'm running in the mornings on Mon, Wed, and Fri, and today, I started a systematic program to increase the amount of jogging (verses walking) and to subsequently increment my mileage up to three miles.


The A is my house and I always walk to and from the first green dot as a warm up/cool down from my exercise. My normal route follows the numbers and is .7 miles (add in the mileage from/to A and it totals about .9 miles.)

As you can see, I can cut up the route into 11 segments that are roughly equal in length, so I've made up a chart to help me keep on track as to the schedule. This morning, for example, I ran three segments and walked the fourth. I repeated the pattern throughout the run.

Friday, I'm planning on running four segments and walking the fifth. In the following chart, yellow boxes mean run, white boxes indicate walk.


On Sept. 6th, I will hopefully be up to running the entire course. With the warm up/cool down parts, the total mileage will only be 1.6 miles, hardly what I'm looking to achieve, but I suppose it's a start.

Maybe once I stop walking, I can branch out to the other side of the neighborhood for a change of scenery. I'm glad I actually wrote this down, because I really need to take a look at upping my mileage at a quicker rate. brb...

No comments: