Friday, August 20, 2010

Exercise. I duz it

Did I mention I picked up running? Oh yeah, I guess I did.

Well, I have settled into a routine, Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, I get up at 4 am, grab the dog, and set out on my little walk/jog.

On Wed this week, I upped my mileage from one mile to two. I'm still walking/jogging at the same sort of intervals (heck if I know the distances, though.) I usually start off walking and then jog for a bit, walk for a bit, repeat until I'm back home.

I can tell that my endurance is getting a bit better as I'm not winded at the end of a jog interval. Yay! I'm trying to extend my jogging mileage and decreasing my walk time as one of my goals is to jog the whole thing.

Eventually, I'd like to jog/run (and then run) the route, but I'm not sure if I want to up my mileage to 3 miles before switching to jogging (and then jog/run) or switch to jogging for the two miles and up the mileage after I'm comfortable with that.

As time is somewhat constraining, I'm thinking that I'll switch to jogging from walk/jog for the two mile route and then up my mileage as I get in better condition.

Of course, I need a goal, so...Here's one. The 5k, of course...

1 comment:

bruzey said...

I hear ya, man. I recently started training for a 10 mile run in October. It's been a really interesting experience for me since previously all my regular exercise was centered around weight lifting and gaining mass and not cardio.

Here's a good link for a training program, it's for 15K, but I think there are things you can get out of it no matter what your personal goals are: http://www.halhigdon.com/15Ktraining/15Knovsch.htm