Monday, April 26, 2010

Work, Work, Work

And that meant no posting as of late.

Allow me to update you.

An interesting thing happened on the way to leveling through the LFG on Daxxy the Druid. I mostly stuck to the plan for the BC content (a few quests for Honor Hold to get some gear) and abandoned it almost entirely for WotLK content. Why?

It turns out that the XP requirements up to level 70 are conducive to leveling in instances, but after 70, there are some steep increases to the amount of XP required to level.

Compounding the issue was the beginning instance for Wrath (UK) seemed to pack a wallop that was difficult to keep up with on my poor little healer. Of course, at level 68, that might be expected.

So, I figured I'd get some of the new gear from some of the beginning areas to see if that made a difference in the ease of healing. It did, somewhat. But the real kicker was getting to level 70 was much easier with questing rather than struggling to heal a 5 man.

Now that Daxxy is 71 and has several Wrath drops and quest rewards, healing instances is much easier, and I may return to just leveling through them, but I don't think I will. UK and Nexus can get a bit monotonous.

Also, I picked up epic flying for her and love just cruisin' around! I love the fact that I can collect flowers without shifting out of flight form.

----

Ok, so everyone knows I'm lovin' my alts. Currently, I'm trying to start new classes to replace some of my hunters in the trade skill areas (Daxxy will replace Smoochie as my Herb/Alc toon). So, to that end, I started a Rogue named Daxen on Kael'thas to replace Rysteranch as my Skinner/LW.

Yes, I plan on doing a lot of BGs with her ala Daxynn on Andorhal.

Yes, she's rockin' Heirloom shoulders, chest, daggers, and trinkets.

Yes, she did her first BG at 10. At 12, she topped the Alliance chart for killing blows.

Yes, she's Subtlety spec'd.

I just picked up a pocket healer in a guildy, so I'm really looking forward to the second half of the teens as an invincible rogue. rawr!

That's all for now, got to get back to work.

No comments: