Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Daxie and Daxxy

We took Easter night off from raiding, so last night was our second night of the cycle and included Blood Princes, Dreamwalker, and a new boss, Blood Queen.

We had to take two attempts on Dreamwalker, with the first one being a .00001% wipe (or thereabouts) and one (sloppy) shot of the Princes. Oh, we also did a 3D Sarth earlier in the evening.

Well, with the afks and general mucking around, we didn't get to Blood Queen until about 9 pm EST, which left us about 1/2 an hour for attempts.

And 15 minutes of it was talking, positioning, talking, and questions.

We ended up with three attempts over the next 45 minutes. I can't speak for anyone else, but I feel that I'm on top of the things that I need to do as a ranged DPS, except for the biting someone else.

I got the shadow "run away and drop the stinky cloudy trail behind you" thingy a couple of times, and I executed the running away part just fine.

I got blood linked two or three times and ran to the center to meet up with my linkees like a good little raider.

Oh, and I dps'd the boss.

The only part of the fight mechanic that I didn't experience is getting bitten and by extension, biting someone. And as one of the lower DPSers in the raid, I won't get bitten until pretty far down the chain, unless I'm the first one bitten.

With the reset today, we'll have a fresh ICC to work with on Wed, so if last week was any indicator, we'll roll through the first 4 and the Plagueworks. Then on Sunday, we'll get Princes and Dreamwalker with some attempts on Blood Queen, and finally, on next Monday, we'll have a whole night dedicated to BQ.

On a related note, I really haven't been playing my 80s very much at all. I can't remember the last time I ran a Heroic on Dwarfvader or Vanco, and I haven't even run a daily Heroic on Daxie for at least a couple of days.

I have, however, been playing a lot on Daxxy the Druid. She has healed her way up to 52 now, has Herbalism up past 300, and Alchemy up to 290 or so. I'm also doing the daily Noble garden quest for the 8K XP boost and...candy!

I'm looking forward to hitting some of the Oldworld endgame instances - Dire Maul, Scholomance, and Stratholme. I've had some experience in DM on Daxen the BE Hunter, but Scholo and Strat are still somewhat of an unknown to me.

Also, I'm really looking forward to all of the BC instances (well, except for Shadow Labs.../shudder). Hopefully, by the time I hit Northrend, I'll actually want to run those instances again (right now, it's kind of like ho-hum).

No comments: