Monday, August 1, 2016

Inside...on the track!



I made a deal with myself. If I could run the 5K without stopping, I'd stop at that, but if I took a walk break before the 5K was finished, then I had to do 4 miles.

Well, as you can see, I not only ran the whole 5K, but also had some nice negative splits. Another note is that my accelerometer tracked just fine indoors; that outdoor run must have calibrated it.

Another note is that I did two of the four turns on the track as right turns and the other two corners as left turns. The right turns had me going to the inside of the track and looping to the right into an area in the corner and back down to the inside of the track and eventually drifting to the outside. I found this helps even out the stress on my knees and hips from constantly turning one way.

And a last note is the gym I run at is closing the main gym/running track for a month while they resurface the gym floor. So I may have to resort to the dreadmill...

No comments: