Monday, March 21, 2016

Time's a'wast'n


So I'd better get to it!

Ok, new plan for the tough mudder: skip all the obstacles! Oh, I'll size it up and watch my friends tackle it, then just say, "naaaaaaaaaaah, I'll skip this one..." That will go over well, I'm sure. I'll probably find myself face down in a mud pit by the third challenge...maybe the second.

NEW PLAN! Get in shape!

To implement this NEW PLAN, I decided to move my alarm back to 3:30 AM so that I could get my Bible study in before work. Today is the first day of doing that, and I feel great! I'm hoping that I crash/can get to sleep around 8 or 8:30 tonight to set up the new schedule.

BTW, I'm studying 2nd Timothy, and let me tell you, I think I did more research on the time-locked portion than I did on Jonah! And, I find myself going off on rabbit trails like I did this morning, but they are so worth it!

This morning's distraction stemmed from Paul's assertion in 1:3 that he served God "with a clear conscience the way my forefathers did." Well, since he was from the tribe of Benjamin, I immediately thought of the last two chapters of Judges, where all of Israel rise up to judge the wickedness of the Benjamites. Hmmmmm, must not be those forefathers....

However, it looks like (and I'm not quite done) that Benjamin was fully restored at the split of the kingdom and was instrumental in rebuilding Israel after the Babylonian exile. Ok, so maybe Paul has a point about a faithful ancestry...

No comments: