Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Summer Arrives

On my way I knew that this was going to be a hot one (hot = >77 degrees F) (it was 83 degrees F at the time of my run), so I changed my plan to shorten my run and pick up the pace a bit.  Ok, well, I made the decision after the first mile...well, maybe second mile, to shorten the run.

Alright, so I had originally planned to run 5 miles alternating between 9:30 and 9:00 paces; after the first mile, I dropped the 9:00 pace idea and went with 5 miles at 9:30 pace.  At the two mile mark, I decided to maintain my pace and stop at three miles.

There's the whole story.  On the upside, I was happy with this run as I have not gotten any heat training in this year and this served a good purpose doing that.  I'll have to look at the forecast for tomorrow to see what my quarter intervals are going to look like.

No comments: