Monday, May 13, 2013

Second Fastest 5K Ever!

Caveat: I had plenty of rest since my mini marathon (7/8 days of rest)

Even with that caveat, I'll still break my arm patting myself on the back about this one.  Despite being down sick with a head/chest cold from Friday until Sunday, I decided that the best thing I could do to get the crap out of my lungs was to run my guts out and cough one up.

So, I did.  For those of you keeping score with the home version of Rusty Runs, this is 13 seconds slower than my fastest 5K, which is definitely good news for me as it means...I'm faster!  I'm pretty sure I can go even faster given race conditions.

And...a plan is formed for non-race weeks:
5K Mondays.  I will run a 5K every Monday.
Easy Wednesdays.  5 miles around a 10 min pace.
Interval Thursdays.  4x1/4 mile intervals w/ 1/4 mile recovery. 1 mile warmup/cooldown.
Long Saturdays. 7-9 miles around a 10 min pace.

I need to find a race...soon.

No comments: