Friday, December 30, 2011

Last run of 2011


Nice splits, if I do say so myself. I set the pace alarm for slower than 12:00 and turned the too fast alarm off. Then...I ran. I hit a little rain in the first quarter mile, but after that, it was just overcast, a little windy, and cool - 48 degrees F or so.

So! I'll do the yearly wrap up while I'm at it.
Total miles for the year: 520.34

Race Personal Records
Fastest 5K: 26:42
Fastest 5 miles: 49:53
Fastest 10K: 57:24
Fastest 1/2 marathon: 2:20:21

I ran five 5k's (3 of them on the same day) and one of each of the other distances. All of my fastest times for the races were set this year, and before my 4 month sabbatical, I was once again improving my speed.

Unfortunately, I had to take time off this year for a groin strain that I suffered last December. I tried to take a couple of weeks off in March to heal, but it wasn't enough. Finally, I decided to take August off hoping to get back into training in September, but, as most of you are well aware, it didn't fully heal until this month.

My goals for the coming year include a couple of half marathons and, the big kahuna, a marathon! Of course, I'll be tuning up with 5k's and 10k's as well as other distances.

May the Lord bless you and keep you this coming year. See you on the streets!

3 comments:

Rosemary said...

Not bad, considering you lay up for several months. I'm sure 2012 will be the year for the big one. Keep it going!

Rosemary said...

Happy New year to you both!

Rusty said...

Thanks Rosemary! Happy New Year to you and Michael!