Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Personal Best

Last night, our workout was Legs! Our trainer, Mark, said that he was going to challenge us to hit personal bests in the various exercises.

The first exercise up was the seated leg press. This machine has one sitting with their legs placed on a platform at a 45 degree angle. It's kind of like a seated squat, but because of the angle, it takes roughly twice as much weight to equal a regular squat.

That said, I was able to top out (after 5 sets of increasing weight and decreasing reps) at 500 pounds!! For 4 reps. Woot! I was pretty psyched!

My wife and I did indeed hit personal bests for all of the leg exercises that we did last night. We need to take a look back at Jan/Feb of this year so we can see just how far we've come. I'm betting that it's quite a bit.

but...500 lbs! /fist pump!

No comments: