Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Intervals


There is something about interval work that I like; I'm not saying that I'm a glutton for punishment (although the torturers at the chiropractic office would tell you different), but I do like the fact that I get up to race pace speed and I know I only have to hold it for a quarter mile.

It's that end in sight thing, I suppose. That's one of the reasons I like to google maps a course before a race, so I can pick out certain land marks and gauge where I'm at. Of course, usually races have mile markers out and I always have my Garmin 305, but still it's nice to have visual reminders like - "Yes, you only have 9.34 miles to go in this 1/2 marathon!"

It comforts me. Yeah, that's it.

Anyways, it was partly cloudy and 63 degrees F! I found it a tad too warm, but the breeze was nice to help cool me off, although I could have done without running into it.

No comments: