Thursday, November 11, 2010

Duathlete or should I say Dualthleet!



The order of today's workout was:

Bike from home to hair cut place. ~4 miles
Bike from hair cut place to LA Fitness. ~3.6 miles
Swim at LA Fitness. 400 yards alternated Freestyle and Breast strokes.
Bike from LA Fitness to Applebees. ~ 2 miles
Ate my free Veteran's Day meal. Yummy!
Bike from Applebees to home. ~ 2.2 miles

For my swim, I tried to work a bit on form, technique, and conservation. Mostly, I tried to glide through the water and keep as slender a profile as I could maintain.

Alternating strokes also helped me with my conservation and being able to swim two 200 yard sets. (I took a two minute rest after the 8th interval) I'll take the same game plan with my swimming as I did with my running - I'll rest at certain intervals, but the goal is to swim the whole thing continuously.

No comments: